Many people think of winter as the time when the landscape is barren and brown. But there are many evergreen plants that thrive during the winter, and you can add some of these to your house! Adding houseplants can keep your spirits up during the cold weather, enhance your décor, and even be used as holiday decorations. Here are five plants that will brighten up your home this winter.
- Norfolk Island pine. This plant is a traditional looking pine that adds beauty to your home during the cold winter months. It makes a great plant to decorate with for the holidays, and its large size makes it perfect for adding greenery to a larger room. Just make sure you give it plenty of light.
- Grape Ivy. This vine is perfect for adding to hanging baskets in your home. As a hanging basket, grape ivy adds greenery to even the highest points of your home. If you prefer, you can even add a trellis or stake instead of hanging baskets.
- Fiddleleaf Fig. This is a tree with a violin-shape and dark green leaves. You can control the shape by trimming it. It’s a low maintenance plant with few lighting needs. Because of its unique shape, it adds character and color to any room.
- Dieffenbachia. This plant is perfect to add a bit of summer to any room during the winter. Its green and white colors give it a tropical look that’s perfect for patios during the summer or indoors during the winter.
- Snake Plant. If you struggle with your green thumb, then the snake plant is perfect for you. It’s an extremely hardy plant with very few maintenance needs. To top it off, this plant’s long leaves add class to any space.
Now you can bring the outdoors in with these easy to care for houseplants that will add color and vibrancy to your home!